Sequential multi-page questionnaire
To create a multi-page questionnaire without page counterbalancing, simply create multiple questionnaires within the study sequence or within a trial block. A skeleton study tree showing a multi-page questionnaire can be seen in (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Study tree showing a multi-page questionnaire
Multi-page questionnaire with page counterbalancing
To create a multi-page questionnaire with page counterbalancing, create each page of the questionnaire as a questionnaire inside a trial block. A skeleton study tree showing a multi-page questionnaire ready for counterbalancing can be seen in (Figure 2).
Figure 2. Multi-page questionnaire ready for counterbalancing
Counterbalance page presentation
- Navigate to the study tree root (Figure 3).
Figure 3. Study tree root
- Click Add block group in the
Counterbalance trial blocks table.
- Give the group a name (e.g.
Survey page group).
- Add all the pages of the questionnaire to the group by clicking Add block to add each questionnaire page block to the group.
- Select a counterbalancing strategy from the
Strategy list and set the number of cycles (if applicable) using
- See Counterbalancing trial blocks for details about the various counterbalancing strategies available.
Randomizing question order
To randomize the question order in a questionnaire, select
Random from the
Question order drop-down list in the questionnaire view panel (Figure 4).
Figure 4. Setting question order
keywords: random survey tutorial example counterbalance